From FUNdamentals to Scholarships
Kevics Junior Academy Levels
- Tykes & Tots (ages 4-6)
- FUNdamentals (approximately ages 7-10)
- Advanced (approximately ages 11-13)
- Elite (highly skilled juniors & high school players)
- Introduction to a life-long sport
- Long-term motor pattern development
- Skill acquisition
- Game-based training
- Builds social skills
- Fun, interactive, competitive
- Golf technology
- Rules of golf & etiquette
- Foucs on self-practice and tournaments
- Goal setting and attainment
- U.S. Kids Golf Certified Coaches
Core Candidate Characteristics
- RESPECT: A life skill that is initially taught by the parents and learned at home by the candidate. When a candidate shows signs of disrespect through his/her words, actions, or attitude that are directed towards the coaches, parents, team members, or facility, we unfortunately cannot allow the candidate into or continue with our program.
- ATTENTIVE/FOCUSED: Candidates should be able to focus on the coach when instruction is being provided. Candidates that are constantly talking when the coaches are talking, looking around, wondering away from the coaches, or creating a distraction for the rest of the team is unacceptable. This behavior is not conducive to our learning environment nor fair to our other members.
- WILLINGNESS TO LEARN: Candidates should have the personal desire of wanting to learn golf. If learning golf is solely the parents' desire, this might be a conflict of interest with our program. From our experience with youth sports, we know that when a kid has no interest in learning the sport, they will become non-attentive, lack focus, and display an unwillingness to learn.
Golf Clubs are Required
It is expected that our members purchase their own set of golf clubs within one (1) month of enrollment. Practicing what is learned is vital to the success and development of our members. We recommend that each member practices 3-4 times per week outside of their scheduled sessions. Here is a Practice Guide for expectations.
U.S. Kids Golf
The only kids golf club brand to provide a specific fitting system based on height, not age. Their clubs are fit by length and weight to help the development of each player. We will fit your junior golfer and provide recommendations for clubs when needed.
Our members have come to us from across DFW!
- North Richland Hills
- Fort Worth
- Highland Park