An experience greater than golf.
Kevics Junior Academy Levels
- Tykes & Tots (ages 4-6)
- FUNdamentals (approximately ages 7-10)
- Advanced (approximately ages 11-13)
- Elite (highly skilled juniors & high school players)
- Introduction to a life-long sport
- Long-term motor pattern development
- Skill acquisition
- Game-based training
- Builds social skills
- Fun, interactive, competitive
- Golf technology
- Rules of golf & etiquette
- Foucs on self-practice and tournaments
- Goal setting and attainment
- U.S. Kids Golf Certified Coaches
Core Characteristics of Junior Academy Members
- RESPECTFUL & ATTENTIVE: Respect is a life skill that is traditionally introduced and passed down at home by the parents. Junior Academy Members should be able to pay attention to the Coaches and listen to the explanation of concepts, safety measures, and any games or challenges presented on a daily basis. When a candidate shows signs of disrespect through his/her words, actions, or attitude, that are directed towards the coaches, parents, team members, or facility, we unfortunately cannot allow the candidate into our program. When a current member has trouble following these guidelines, we reserve the right to remove the member from our program.
- OPTIMISTIC & PERSONALLY INTERESTED IN GOLF: Candidates should have the personal desire of wanting to learn golf. They understand they will get better if they practice what is provided during our sessions. If learning golf is solely the parents' desire, then this might be a conflict of interest with our program. From our experience with youth sports, we know that when a kid has no interest in learning the sport, they will become they will lack focus and display an unwillingness to learn.
- SELF-DISCIPLINE: Golf requires practice to get better. We expect our members to practice on their own time at least 2-3 days a week outside of our sessions. Practice should be structured with S.M.A.R.T. Goals and tracked (written out in a journal or CoachNow accounts). A basic guideline to structured practice time can be found by clicking here.
- Click here to review our Member & Parent Expectations
Golf Clubs are Required
It is expected that our members purchase their own set of golf clubs within one (1) month of enrollment. Practicing what is learned is vital to the success and development of our members. We recommend that each member practices 3-4 times per week outside of their scheduled sessions. Here is a Practice Guide for expectations.
U.S. Kids Golf
The only kids golf club brand to provide a specific fitting system based on height, not age. Their clubs are fit by length and weight to help the development of each player. We will fit your junior golfer and provide recommendations for clubs when needed.
Our members have come to us from across DFW!
- North Richland Hills
- Fort Worth
- Highland Park