Kevics Junior Academy Expectations
We are always trying to make our program the best for you and your junior golfer. Our team of experienced coaches wants to make the coaching session the best experience for your child and give the most coaching possible. We hope that you can review our list of expectations we expect, of you and your junior, so we can make the most out of the time we get with your junior golfer each week. Open and honest feedback is always encouraged as we believe that communication between coach-junior-parent is what leads to a successful relationship.
Expectations for Parent
- Attendence & Absence Policy - Review and
understanding this policy before becoming a member. You're enrollment
in our programs means you've read and understand this policy.
- Parents/Guardians are required to call or text the coach if a late arrival is expected.
- If you plan to miss a practice or an on-course session that you have registered for, please notify us at least 24-hours in advance of the class so we can cancel your appointment and allow another member on the waiting list to take your spot. If no notification is received from you, we will deduct that benefit from your membership as if you had attended the class.
- On time to practices: Arrive at five (5) to fifteen (15) minutes before your practice's start time, please no sooner than fifteen (15) minutes.
- On time to on-course sessions: Arrive at least twenty (20) minutes before any on-course sessions. It is possible you will have the chance to tee off sooner than your scheduled tee time.
- On time to tournaments: Arrive at least thirty (30) minutes before an tournaments you've entered.
- If you're early, you can't be late.
- If being late and/or not providing notification of missing appointments becomes a ritual, then the member may be asked to leave our program after discussions with the parents. Even if it's the parents' fault, a constant late arrival is an unwelcome distraction to our other members and coaches.
- For their safety all students are to be dropped off and picked-up as close as possible to the pro shop or clubhouse.
- Allow our coaches to coach, this is the member's time to learn from us.
- We request NO interaction with coaches or juniors during a practice session or lesson.
- Please reserve asking any questions/concerns until after the session has concluded.
- If there is an immediate or an emergency issue that needs addressed during a session, please call the coaches cell phone.
Expectations for Junior
- Be ready for the session by the designated start time. This includes having your bag in-line with the others, use of the restroom prior to practice, sunscreen on, bug spray on, etc.
- Ready to learn and listen during the session
- Safety procedures (standing in safety zones, holding club upside down, aware of others)
- Manners & Etiquette: ("yes sir, yes ma'am", not yelling or running wildly across the range or course)
- Respect & Responsibility: While some of our team members maybe be young, respect and responsibility can be taught and learned at home at an early age. We hope that each team member will respect the coaches, the other team members, the facilities, and any equipment that might be used during the practices. If a team member continually shows disrespect, he/she asked to leave our program after discussion with the parents.
- NO talking while a coach is talking
- Encouraging teammates during games, challenges, and on the course
- NO negative comments to themselves or others
- Demonstrating sportsmanship at all times win or lose
- Willing to try new challenges and have fun
- Make new friends
- Ask coaches questions if they don't understand something, raise hand and wait to be called
Kevics Golf Coaches will talk to the member's parents if the member is not following the expectations mentioned above. Coaches will follow these steps:
- First incident: The Coach will talk to the parent and give the junior a warning.
- Second incident: The Coach will talk to the parent and request that the parent observes the next session
- The third incident: The Coach will review the student's enrollment in the program. A group environment may not always be the best fit for our students but we have to see how they react once in that environment. Kevics Golf reserves the right to remove or deny any student membership.
At Kevics Golf, we want every member to have a great experience while growing their love for the game of golf and making new friends. With your and your member's commitment to our program and expectations, We hope we can keep having fun when learning the great game of golf.
Sincerely, The Kevics Golf Coaches