Kevics Junior Academy Expectations
We are always trying to make our program the best for you and your junior golfer. Our team of experienced coaches wants to make the coaching session the best experience for your child and give the most coaching possible. We hope that you can review our list of expectations we expect, of you and your junior, so we can make the most out of the time we get with your junior golfer each week. Open and honest feedback is always encouraged as we believe that communication between coach-junior-parent is what leads to a successful relationship.
Expectations for Parent
- Absence policy - Review and understanding the policy before becoming a member.
- If you plan to miss a practice that you have registered for, please notify us at least 24-hours in advance of the class so we can cancel your appointment. If no notification is received from you, we will deduct that benefit from your membership as if you had attended the class.
- On time to sessions: Arrive at least five (5) minutes before your designated practice start time (no sooner than 15 minutes before). Arrive at least thirty (30) minutes before any on-course sessions/tournamnets. If being late becomes a ritual then the member will be asked to leave our program or change days if possible. Even if it's the parents' fault, a constant late arrival is an unwelcome distraction to our other members and coaches.
- Parents are required to call or text the coach if a late arrival is expected.
- All students are to be dropped off and picked-up as close as possible to the pro shop or clubhouse.
- Allow our coaches to coach, this is the member's time to learn from us.
- We request NO interaction with coaches or juniors during a practice session.
- Please reserve asking any questions/concerns until after the session has concluded.
- If there is an immediate or emergency issue that needs addressed during a session, please call the coaches cell phone.
Expectations for Junior
- Be ready for the session by the designated start time. This includes having your bag in-line with the others, used the restroom prior to practice, sunscreen on, etc.
- Ready to learn and listen during the session
- Safety procedures (standing in safety zones, holding club upside down, aware of others)
- Manners & Etiquette ("yes sir, yes ma'am", not yelling or running wildly across the range or course)
- Respect & Responsibility: While some of our team members maybe be young, respect and responsibility can be learned at an early age. We hope that each team member will respect the coaches, the other team members, the facilities, and any equipment that might be used during the practices. If a team member continually shows disrespect, he/she will be removed from our program.
- NOT talking while a coach is talking
- Encouraging teammates during games/challenges
- NO negative comments to themselves/others
- Demonstrating sportsmanship at all times win/lose
- Willing to try new things and have fun
- Make new friends
- Ask coaches questions if they don't understand a drill, raise hand and wait to be called
Kevics Golf Coaches will talk to the Junior's parents if the junior is not following any of the expectations mentioned above. Coaches will follow these steps:
- First incident: The Coach will talk to the parent and give the junior a warning.
- Second incident: The Coach will talk to the parent and request that the parent observes the next session
- The third incident: The Coach will review the student's enrollment in the program. A group environment may not always be the best fit for our students but we have to see how they react once in that environment. Kevics Golf reserves the right to remove or deny any student membership.
At Kevics Golf, we want every junior to have a great experience while growing their love for the game of golf and making new friends. We hope that with you and your junior's commitment to our program and reviewing these expectations together, we can keep having fun when learning the great game of golf.
Sincerely, The Kevics Golf Coaches