Home Golf Training
For those of you looking to stay active with golf at home, there are some products below that can help you stay on track. They are just recommendations as you can always find other ways to practice at home. For example:
- PUTTING: Putt on a carpet or any surface that rolls. Use a glass laid on it's side as the hole or use a small object to represent a hole.
- CHIPPING: Set up a big bucket in the back yard (or living room if you have foam golf balls) and chip balls into the bucket from different distances.
- FULL SWING: Get in front of a mirror and practice the 10 positions of the golf swing or work on the information in your CoachNow account. You don't always need a golf club in your hand to practice your full swing. If you have foam golf balls and a mat, you could take full swing in the backyard, hit balls against a wall, or practicw in the garage.
Tools/Training Aids Online
Every golfer needs a mirror to practice, preferably a tall mirror (or full-length) so that the golfer can see from head to toe.
We recommend a putting mat that can give you feedback, that has alignment features, and can provide drills & challenges. This is why we recommend Wellput. We can place orders for you with a 10% discount and free shipping to your home for our members.
- Wellputt Mats:
Foam Golf Balls
These are great for indoor and outdoor use as they are limited flight. They are squishy but still produce a realistic ball flight and feel when struck. You can find these at Walmart, Target, Dick's, PGA Tour Superstore, etc...
- 1st Recommendation: JEF WORLD OF GOLF Foam Practice Balls (42 Multi-Colored Balls)(we use these at our facility)
- 2nd Recommendation: Walmart: Yellow Foam Practice Golf Balls by JP Lann Available in 12 or 36 count
Golf Mat (small & portable)
Everyone needs a hitting surface.
- 1st Recommendation: Callaway Hitting Mat (Target has these too.) We've used several other brands and this is by far the best one. It has more weight which prevents the mat from moving too much or even flying in the air after you hit the ball. It's very durable and has a tee holder built-in.
- 2nd Recommendation: Roll the dice and buy something different and let us know what you think. We might add it to this list.
Great for club face and trajectory control. We recommend both.